Steamed Huat Kueh
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 150 ml Water
- 175 g Gula Melaka
- 4 pcs Pandan leaves
- 155 g coconut milk
- 250 g Self-Raising flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- Put water in the Instant Pot inner pot. Add in gula melaka & pandan leaves.
- Press Saute and bring to boil until sugar dissolves. Leave to cool then strain with yield around 255 ml.
- Add in the coconut milk & mix well.
- Sift flour & soda, in a mixing bowl. Slowly, add in the cold sugar syrup.
- Mix into a smooth batter pour into a silver foil container No: 751/54.
- Pour 700ml water into the cleaned inner pot. Select Saute Mode and bring water to boil. Press Cancel. Place the huat kueh container on the steam rack, place inside the inner pot. Cover with glass cover.
- Select Saute Mode, More. Steam the Huat Kueh until cooked, around 30 minutes. (Traditionally the huat kueh is steamed in wok for 1hr. 10 mins. But with Instant Pot steaming only takes 30 mins.)
- When cooking ends, leave inside the kueh for 4 mins before opening the cover, as the steam is very hot.